- 250g self-raising flour, sifted
- 200g light soft brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 large free range eggs
- 200ml sunflower oil
- 2 small bananas mashed
- 125g grated carrot (approx 2 medium carrots)
- 50g desiccated coconut
- 50g chopped pecans
- 50g raisins
- 50g chopped cashews
Filling & topping:
- 100g butter softened
- 100g cream cheese
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 250g icing sugar, sifted
- Nuts to decorate top
- Preheat oven to 180C / 350F / Gas 4. Butter & line 2 x 20cm sandwich tins.
- Mix flour, sugar & cinnamon in a bowl then stir in lightly beaten eggs & oil. Gently fold in mashed banana, carrot, coconut, raisins & nuts.
- Divide between the tins then bake in preheated oven for approx 25 mins or until skewer comes out clean.
- Leave tins on rack for 20 mins before removing cakes carefully & allowing you cool completely.
- Make filling & topping by beating butter, cream cheese & vanilla together until smooth. Add sifted icing sugar & beat until really smooth & thick.
- Place one half of cake on plate, cover with half the cream filling then place 2nd cake on top. Smooth remaining filling over the top then decorate with whole or chopped pecans or walnuts or seasonal fresh flowers from the garden.