Malteser Hazelnut Frozen Parfait
Back to News 17 December 2022 by Kela Hodgins in Food & Recipes
Malteser Hazelnut Parfait
The is a fantastic dinner party option and can be made at least a day in advance and whipped out of the freezer just 20 minutes before serving. From experience, the combination of Maltesers, Nutella, Hazelnuts & cream is a real crowd pleaser.
170g cream cheese (I use Light Philadephia for this one) 1 tsp vanilla extract 2 large free range eggs, separated 125g Nutella 80g caster sugar 250ml double cream 50g roasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped 1 x large bag Maltesers
- Line a 2lb loaf tin with clingfilm and scatter the chopped hazelnuts over the bottom.
- Whisk the eggs whites until stiff, then whisk in 40g of the caster sugar until still and glossy.
- In separate bowl, beat the cream until thick.
- In another bowl, beat the cheese, vanilla, egg yolks, Nutella and remaining 40g caster sugar until smooth.
- Fold the cream into the Nutella mix until combined, then gently fold in the egg whites.
- Pour cream mixture into tin on top of hazelnuts and smooth top. Then top with rows of Maltesers. Freeze until set….approx 6 hours or overnight.