You are spoiled for choice when it comes to local beaches. These are all less than 10 minutes from the house:
- Sands Cove – a 5 minute walk down a laneway from the house is this private and secluded shingled cove. Perfect for a picnic, kayaking, snorkelling, a quiet read or a spot of rock pool hunting.
- Red Strand – a safe, sandy beach great for kids a 3 minute drive or 20 minute walk from the house. Stunning views across to Galley Head Lighthouse
- Inchydoney Beach – a popular and award winning long sandy beach, perfect for surfing. Very good surf school located on the beach. Inchydoney is between Dunowen and Clonakilty.
- Duneen Strand is a small sheltered beach located between Dunowen and Inchydoney, close to the Dunmore Hotel. Very safe for children and a great spot for open-water swimming.
- Long Strand – located approx 10 minutes drive from the house, on the border of historic Castlefreke Woods. Excellent beach for a long walk or exploring dunes but not suitable for swimming.