While we wait for Summer to arrive, we’re getting lots of practice in making (and eating) some delicious treats that are ideal for picnics and snacks.
These crumble bars are so moreish - then combine a buttery shortbread base with a layer of fudgy white chocolate and raspberries then topped with an oaty crumble mix. It’s really hard to just have one!
They are really quick and easy to make and just as quick to polish off!! Be warned x
Raspberry and White Chocolate Crumble Bars
- 225g Plain Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100g Caster sugar
- 85g soft light brown sugar
- 225g butter
- 200g rolled oats,
- 150g good quality raspberry jam
- 2 generous handfuls of raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 100g white choc chips
- Pre-Heat oven to 180C / Gas mark 4. Line a 30cm x 20cm baking tin.
- Sift flour & baking powder in a large bowl or food processor. Add in sugars & mix well. Add butter & rub in until it resembles breadcrumbs (if using a bowl) or blitz in the food processor.
- Stir in the oats. Press 2/3 of the mixture into the tin then bake in oven for 10 mins.
- Take out then spread jam over base & sprinkle over the raspberries and choc chips. Sprinkle the remaining crumble mixture evenly over the top and press down gently.
- Bake for a further 25 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool in tin before cutting into slices. Keep chilled in fridge.