Is there anyone out there that can resist warm Cinnamon Rolls…if there is, I haven’t met them yet!
This week’s recipe also includes a slightly healthier but just as delicious batch of super seeded Flapjacks, so easy to make & eat….ENJOY xx
CINNAMON ROLLS WITH CINNAMON CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
450g strong white flour
7g fast acting yeast
125ml full-fat milk
175ml luke warm water
1 tblsp runny honey
50g melted butter
100g demerara sugar
3 tsp ground cinnamon
100g butter (room temp)
200g icing sugar
1tsp ground cinnamon
100g full-fat cream cheese
Cream butter, icing sugar & cinnamon until light & fluffy. Add the cream cheese but do not overwhip or the frosting will split.
1. Add flour & yeast to bowl of stand alone mixer with dough hook attached. If you don’t have one, use dough hooks on a hand mixer or mix & knead by hand. Make well in centre.
2. Heat milk, water and butter in small saucepan until melted but not too hot, or yeast won’t activate (think blood temp). Add honey then put wet ingredients into dry ingredients in the bowl.
3. Mix together until you have a soft dough then knead in mixer for approx 5 minutes or by hand for 10 minutes. Dough should be smooth & elastic.
4. Place dough in lightly oiled bowl, cover with clingfilm then put in warm place for at least 90 minutes until it has doubled in size.
5. Turn risen dough onto lightly floured surface & briefly knead to knock back the dough. Roll out into a large rectangle approx 1cm thick. Brush with melted butter then sprinkle with sugar cinnamon mixture (see image above).
6. Roll up dough with longest side nearest to you so you have one long sausage shape. Trim ends then cut into 9 or 10 portions. Put each of these into a lightly butter muffin tin, cut side uppermost. Cover with oiled clingfilm and let to prove in warm place until double in size (approx 30-40 mins).
7. Preheat oven to 180C and cook buns on middle shelf until golden brown & well risen. When done, remove and leave in tin for 10-15 mins before turning out onto wire rack.
8. Use pallet knife to spread icing over the buns while still warm.
Super Seeded Flapjacks
2 tablespoons golden syrup
175g soft brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
75g plain flour
375g rolled oats
75g sesame, pumpkin or sunflower seeds (or a mixture).
1. Preheat oven to 180c. Place butter, sugar, vanilla & syrup in a large saucepan and gently heat & stir until melted.
2. When melted, add in the oats, flour & seeds then combine well.
3. Spread mixture into a swiss roll tin, lined with baking parchment.
4. Bake in centre of oven until golden brown, approx 20-25 mins.
5. Cut into squares while still warm, then remove carefully to fully cool on wire rack.